Progressive Youth Of Sunyani West Calls On Hon. Ignatius Baffour Awuah To Resign And Apologize For GETFund Scholarship Scandal
Progressive Youth of Sunyani West want Hon. Ignatius Baffour Awuah, MP and Cabinet minister to resign and apologize For GETFund Scholarship Scandal
The progressive Youth of Sunyani West municipal assembly in the Bono region has called on the current Minister for Employment and Labor Relation who is also the MP for Sunyani West Municipality as a matter of urgency resign from his position as their Member of Parliament.
The statement was issued dated 28th February 2018 by the leadership of the Youth group. Namely; Mr. Samuel Owusu Yeboah, Mr. Owusu Richard and Mr. Bennet Asante Nkrumah.
The statement issued reads:
Very Good Morning Members of the Media and Community Information Centers in the Sunyani West Municipality and beyond. Thank you all for honoring our invitation within the shortest possible time. This shows that you are committed towards the development of Sunyani West Municipality.
Our Mission this Morning as Progressive Youth of Sunyani West is simple- ‘’We want to see that our Political Leaders exhibit honesty in leadership at all times’’.
The Office of the Auditor-General few days ago has issued a report on GETFund Scholarship that is meant for Gifted but Needy Students for the period 2012-2018. According to the Report, Number 82 has Ignatius Baffour Awuah-University of Portsmouth, UK – B.A International Relations and Politics with a whopping sum of GHc169,119.
This amount can provide Scholarships to almost 100 Needy But Brilliant Students within the Sunyani West Municipality mainly from Odomase, Chiraa, Fiapre, Nsoatre and its surrounding Communities.
We want to call on the Hon. Ignatius Baffour Awuah to as a matter of urgency and to save his little reputation and the good image of NPP in Sunyani West to;
1. Speak to the issue to clear his innocence or otherwise of this greedy mission
2. If He is guilty of this shameful GETFund Scholarship Scandal then He should resign as a Member of Parliament & Cabinet Minister and apologize to the good people of Sunyani West for this unacceptable conduct which has brought shame to the NPP Family in Sunyani West.
3. He should then refund the money to the Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFund) so that it can be made available to Brilliant but Needy Students from Sunyani West who genuinely need it to further their education within the Country because it is a priority.
4. He should withdraw his candidature as an Aspiring Parliamentary Candidate for the April 25th, 2020 Internal Contest in Sunyani West in order to retain the seat for NPP.
5. We call on the Party Stakeholders of Sunyani West Constituency to reject him during the April 25th, 2020 Parliamentary Primaries and rather vote for a more Honest Leader so that we won’t lose this Traditional Seat to any other party in the December 7th, 2020 General Elections
6. We want to humbly appeal to the over 692 NPP Delegates of Sunyani West Constituency that a vote for Hon. Ignatius Baffour Awuah in the Parliamentary Primaries is a clear endorsement and admission of defeat in the December 7th, 2020 General Elections. Let us drop Hon. Ignatius Baffour Awuah a.k.a Number 82, Rich but Greedy MP etc to avoid any future regret come December 7th, 2020.
In conclusion, We call on all Party Stakeholders in the Sunyani West Constituency to speak truth to our Political Leaders.
We need Competent Leaders who will not take us for granted. We don’t need incompetent political leaders who only think of winning elections and taking GETFund Scholarships meant for Gifted but Needy for their families Only. 2020 General Elections is a crucial one and NPP cannot afford to lose the seat, no way. The only way to avoid this is to vote against the Rich but Greedy MP at the Party Parliamentary Primaries slated for April 25th, 2020.
The Progressive Youth of Sunyani West needs quality leadership who will demonstrate clear vision and competence and will not show greediness and only amass wealth at the expense of the many.
We need change now!!! Thank you.
Mr. Samuel Yeboah Mr. Owusu Richard Mr. Bennet Asante Nkrumah Leaders, Progressive Youth of Sunyani West 0543009414/0245330749/0207218871
DATE: FEBRUARY 28TH, 2020 (FRIDAY)
Cc; NPP Regional Executives, Bono Region NPP Constituency Executives, Sunyani West All Media Houses All Community Information Centers, Sunyani West